View the entire Lung Cancer Wellness Plan
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Clinical trials with the omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, have shown improved nutritional status, better functional status, reduced inflammation, and improved effectiveness of chemotherapeutic agents.,, Additionally, GLA, another omega-3 found in Evening Primrose oil, helps to maintain balance in the fatty acids and enhances the anti-inflammatory effect.,
- Suggested dose: 2-3 grams combined EPA & DHA per day, with at least 1-2 grams of a GLA source.
- A high intake of this antioxidant has been associated with a reduced risk of developing lung cancer, as it appears to influence several anti-proliferative pathways.,
- Suggested dose: 200-400mg, three times per day.
Pterostilbene & Resveratrol
- Found in red wine and grapes, this antioxidant inhibits the invasion and metastasis of lung cancer cells.
- Suggested dose: 100-200mg per day.
- Lower levels of vitamin D have been associated with an increased risk for developing lung cancer as well as lung cancer death.
- Suggested dose is that sufficient to raise vitamin D blood levels to >40 ng/mL, which may require 5000 IU per day or more.