View the entire Melanoma Wellness Plan
- In vivo and in vitro studies demonstrate that astragalus significantly inhibits the growth of melanoma.,
- Suggested dose: Use of standardized extract: 250-500 mg, 3 – 4 times a day standardized to 0.4% 4-hydroxy-3-methoxy isoflavones; Powdered root: 250-500 mg, 3 – 4 times per day; Tincture (1:5) in 30% ethanol: 20-60 drops, 3 times per day.
Green Tea Extract
- Catechins are antioxidants found in green tea, particularly EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate), are known to have numerous anti-metastatic and anti-proliferative properties. Studies on melanoma in animal cells have shown that EGCG causes cellular death and inhibition of cell cycles.,
- Suggested dose: 1g EGCG and mixed catechins per day.
- Berberine, used in conjunction with the chemotherapy medication doxorubicin, decreased melanoma tumor cell volume and replication of metastatic cells.,,
- Suggested dose: 500mg, three times per day.
- Studies on melanoma in animal cells demonstrate powerful anti-cancer properties of the mushroom.
- Suggested dose: Capsules range from 100 to 500 mg, with at least 12-25 mg of standardized extract, 1-3 times per day.