View the entire Colorectal Cancer Wellness Plan
- Extracted from the spice turmeric, curcumin has been shown to arrest cancer cell growth, induce programmed cell-death (apoptosis), and increase the efficacy of chemotherapy for treatment resistant colorectal cancer cells. While trials of curcumin suggest at least 4g per day may be more beneficial than lower doses,
- Suggested dose: 1-2g per day of Meriva® or Longvida® curcumin.,
- Grape seed extract inhibits the growth of cancer cells through several mechanisms, and may have synergistic benefit when used with resveratrol.,
- Suggested dose: 100-200 mg per day
Pterostilbene & Resveratrol
- This antioxidant interferes with all stages of cancer development, and its low bioavailability may make it more suitable for colorectal cancer. When given to patients with colorectal cancer at a dose of 500-1000mg per day, it reduced tumor proliferation.
- Suggested dose: 500-100 mg per day.
- Vitamin D levels have been associated with both the incidence of colorectal cancer as well as overall mortality.
- Suggested dose is that sufficient to raise vitamin D blood levels to >40 ng/mL, which may require 5000 IU per day or more.