- Supports cellular antioxidant defense system*
- Promotes healthy lung tissue*
- Made with hypoallergenic ingredients
N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine (NAC) is a cellular antioxidant support that specifically promotes healthy lung tissue. N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine (NAC) is a free radical scavenger that supports glutathione levels in tissues.‡
Supports respiratory function, glutathione production and detoxification‡April2021
Ages 18 and up
Lung health and respiratory function support‡
Antioxidant immune system support‡
Promotes healthy lung tissue and respiratory function‡
Supports cellular antioxidant defense system as a radical scavenger that supports glutathione levels in tissues‡
Helps support tissue detoxification‡
Convenient, easy-to-swallow capsule
Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is a derivative of the dietary amino acid L-cysteine.1 NAC has a high affinity for lung tissue, which it supports through mucolytic and antioxidant action. Due to its sulfur content, NAC is able to disrupt disulfide bonds within mucus, thinning and easing its expulsion.2 NAC is a free radical scavenger and thus supports epithelial cell health and healthy cilia activity in the respiratory tract.3 NAC is also a precursor to the antioxidant glutathione, and supplemental NAC increases tissue levels of glutathione.4 As fundamental components of the immune system, lymphocytes rely on glutathione to function properly. Tissues enhanced with glutathione support overall antioxidant protection and help to maintain a healthy immune response.5 A multicenter, randomized, double-blind trial with 262 participants indicated that NAC supplementation for six months supported upper respiratory tract and immune system health.6 A recent meta-analysis of eight double-blind, placebo-controlled trials provided additional support for NAC’s ability to support respiratory tract health.7
- Sansone RA, et. al. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2011 Jan; 8(1): 10–14.
- Tse HN, et. al. Chest.2013 Jul;144(1):106-18.
- Tirouvanziam R, et. al. Proc Natl Acad SciU S A.2006 Mar 21;103(12):4628-33.
- Dauletbaev N, et. al. Eur J Med Res. 2009 Aug 12;14(8):352-8
- Teskey G, et. al. Front Immunol. 2018 Sep 12;9:2069.
- De Flora S, et. al. Eur RespirJ. 1997 Jul;10(7):1535-41.
- Grandjean EM, et. al. Clin Ther. 2000Feb;22(2):209-21.
Download the product specifications
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org